Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Peace Love & Eternal Rest

 Art by Sharonlee- Self Images


Peace & Blessed Be


weddings & funerals
have never been events
that have played a big part in my life…

to date I have reached the enlightened age of 50
and only attended one of each;

one funeral… my partner…my love… father of my children..
one wedding… my youngest daughter…

this week I take that total up to two each…

another  wedding… my eldest daughter
another funeral… my oldest friend- my mentor & mother spirit.

Suddenly I feel venerable yet wise… joyful, yet devastated-
- both tears and smiles share the light in my eyes…

peace & blessed be.
Sharonlee©


Dancing with the Goddess

she’s gone;
dancing with the goddess now…
my mother mentor…
… my goddess crone;
passed on 2 days ago
and I am left to carry on-
- to step into the role of mother-mentor-goddess-crone.

I don’t know who or what she was to others
… but to me she was
and always will be
courageous
honest
and true…
She was my mother-mentor
my goddess crone
in life’s cycle
a woman who taught me
to be at peace with destiny.

Goodbye my friend
…my love, always.
22 February, 2012

2 comments:

  1. one of life's milestones is seeing your offspring grow and fly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very true Robert... proud moments on the whole....

    ReplyDelete