Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 6- Saturday - A Week of Walks

Day 6
So it seems I found another place to walk after all, though I did have to cheat a little and catch the bus over the two hills into Airlie Beach town… then I walked around the bay there, through the park and to the markets….
Photobucket
Day 6
Markets between the Mountains & the Bay
…the ambiance here is a lifestyle I could live
open faces… honest smiles
colors and scents that makes one
feel alive…
Photobucket
… soft rock ballads danced
in and out of laughter & chatter
getting louder as I walked
until I came across
a guy belting out tunes…
Photobucket
I sat awhile
gazing ‘round
breathing the atmosphere…
… it almost seemed as if some songs
were meant for me… hidden messages
from the cosmos
but some songs are just like that
aren’t they…


Photobucket



I stopped to look over some fresh sprouts
communing with the funky young sprout-grower…
…tasting the various sprouts as we chatted
then bought a mixed punnet of the ones I liked
my children & I had grown sprouts in water
many years ago-
-I think I should start again…
Photobucket
sprouts@biolicious.com.au

I asked him if I could take a photo of his display
explaining that it was for a blog
I was doing on 7 days of walking
and he agreed, on the condition I mention his business…
and went on to tell me about a wonderful hiking track
not far away…
Photobucket
the young man selling and making didgeridoos
was very friendly too…
… he too told me of another walking track
and a place called Coral Bay that I have not visited before…
I gave him the same explanation
I gave the sprout grower… about my seven-day-walking-blog
and he too agreed to have photos taken…
Photobucket
I rested on the beach for a while
drinking strong coffee from a takeaway cup…
two young boys practiced
throwing cast nets
as nearby seagulls watched and waited, hopefully…
the sea breeze blew a dragonfly my way
and he too rested a while….
Photobucket
wandering on some more I bought an avocado for a dollar
and some fresh lemonade lemons
and with my last $2 treated myself to two bracelets
at a $1 each…
I could have bought more
but the $50 I had tucked away
was still sitting under my laptop…
I’d forgotten to grab it on my way out…
ooops… now I’ve given away the spot
I hide my ‘play money’
though usually there is seldom more than $10 there…
and it seldom gets used for ‘play’
usually eaten up by necessities
like bread and milk…
Photobucket
so that was my Saturday
the bay was beautiful & breezy
the mountains ancient and steadfast behind me
and the markets that sat between, every Saturday
was a colourful eclectic display…
Photobucket
Sharonlee©10-Mar-12
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment