Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Savour-the-Moment Monent





Ah coffee… my first savour-the-moment moment of the day…
… aromatic drifts of double-shot-espresso, waft to waken morning thoughts
pre-dawn light blends with cigarette smoke … I know a wicked way to begin the day
no sunshiny cornflakes and glass of sunrise orange…  but it’s my day… my way…

… I lean, still warm and sleep-crumpled, hair all askew, against the window frame
gazing at the shifting shades as night merges  into first-of-day…
a few tattered clouds scatter across the sky… birds still in silhouette, glide
… a morning breeze sighs through rippling leaves that whisper salutations…
dreams and nightmares fade into shadowy obscurity as the day borders on elation…

and… ah sweet ambiance of coffee…  my first savour-the-moment moment of the day
how normal looks the world when mornings start this way…
a blush of muted tangerine flushes the under-belly of shifting clouds, now scudding across the sky
a promise of rain lingers as fingers of sun creep sleepily over the distant skyline
spilling across the Earth like a lovers gentle touch…  dust-motes in rainbow scintillate catch my eye
and I am moved to sigh… as each tranquil moment ticks by…
… my first savour-the-moment moment of the day… a natural morning high…
Sharonlee©17-May-12

No comments:

Post a Comment