Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Looking for You & Me


Looking for You & Me

As the moon graces a midnight sky
I feel such a weariness ascend
Lay with me while the stars are high
Me and you, the night as our friend
Down in the dark streets nothing stirs
To the day we say adieu
Sleep comes soft and slowly
I give myself to you
Give  me in return your honesty
My soul needs to know that much
Heart break I’ve known before
To weary now to suffer more
You and I could create melodies
To show the world our love is true
Keep honesty in your heart
By heavens above I pledge to you
Far sweeter a love you’ve never known, for
The world is often oh so cruel, but I offer you the
Safest chance to find your heart a home
Place your trust in me my love
To be together is our prize, to
Be there for each other
Till old age stars us in the eyes
You and I together
Can change our destiny
Give me your honesty
It needs to be heartfelt and free
Back to back and face to face
Together  we’ll rock this world, just you and
Me

Sharonlee©

7 comments:

  1. oh dang this give acrostic a whole new edge...wow, very aritistically done...feeling the love but marveling at your artistry...cool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Brian... I like to challenge myself; I've done a few of these word or sentence acrostics.

      Hey have I created a new form?

      Peace

      Delete
  2. Agree with Brian! Brings the acrostic to a new level, this is purely beautiful! What a dream vision...hon, you always hit the spot! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Poppy lov... my pleasure to share with you dear friend.

      Peace & Love

      Delete
  3. A wonderful example of a word acrostic! I love these challenges, do too few of them myself, but this has inspired me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with this poem...I was not familiar with it as a style and thank you for alerting me to it with such a prime example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You song of trust and devotion, asking for reciprocity is lovely. It reminds us once again how much trust and sharing go into the making of true love.

    ReplyDelete