Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Wanderings -Follow that Butterfly

Wednesday Wanderings -Follow that Butterfly
Morning walk
…feet slower than usual
mind lost in thoughts so deep
they invade my sleep…
… the grass is cool
such a vibrant green carpet
for bare feet…

a dancing butterfly
glides past my head
as if to jolly my thoughtful mood
but, though camera is at the ready
the flutterby flutters by too soon…
cheeky little thing
all dressed in brightest hues
of shiny black & patchwork blue
comes back for another look
at this human, as if amused…
Photobucket
I followed the butterfly
all the way to the beach
but not once did she rest
within cameras reach…
and yet… when my mind seemed to stray
she came back… as if to say… this way…this way…
together we wandered the sandy shore
the butterfly playing hide n seek
often vanished… only to reappear
as if to let me know she was still here…
Photobucket
I stopped to watch a hermit crab
hauling his home up the beach
and lost sight of the lovely butterfly
… she flew beyond my reach
but she had lead me a merry dance
flying on a breeze that sang
and I wondered… if she liked how I smelt
I was wearing oil of ylang ylang…
and look where my friend had lead me…
… to Bigrock, my favourite place to sit
and so I sat and rested…just for a little bit…
All photo videos & thoughts
sharonlee©4-Apr-12

****

Photobucket
Wednesday Wanderings – On And On And Beyond
I wandered on and on and beyond
beyond the point I’d ever been
scrambling over boulders
paddling in rockpools clear and clean
taking in new sights that I’d never seen…
Photobucket
… I wandered and I wondered
what was behind every rocky outcrop
I wandered on and on… with no thought to stop
no thoughts at all if truth be said
my mind has gone so deep
that the thoughts I keep there
can’t be reached or read…
Photobucket
and I wondered
what the beachscape would look like
from the top …
on and on I walked
with no thought too stop….
sharonlee©4-Apr-12
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment