Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Come November

Photobucket
Come November
I took my thoughts for slow walk
Autumn lay soft cool fingers
in the shadows and shades of the day
sunlight bathed the mountains
in a radiant luminosity…

Photobucket
the dog-walker and joggers were out in force-
- what better way to start a Good Friday holiday
then pounding & panting along the boardwalk…
…. I ambled… as I do
my eyes and soul feasting
on the vibrant beauty of Natures grace…

Photobucket
…. high tide and schools of fingerlings
huddled around the rocks
the calm surface of the bay
mirrored clouds of clotted cream
and one would think
I was living the dream…

Photobucket
but I realised, this day
that it was time for me to go…
… the gypsy in me was restless-
- I had seen all there was to see
almost 4 seasons now
there was nothing holding me here
no friendships binding me
to a place that was just a place
and not a home…

Photobucket
and come November
when my lease was up
my gypsy soul & I
would find another place to roam…

Photobucket
sometimes I wonder
what am I searching for
and where is that place
that is not just a place…
but where my soul calls home.
Sharonlee©6-Apr-12

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment