Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

An Aquarian Exposition

Photobucket
All art by Sharonlee

**


An Aquarian Exposition

a grizzled crow sat on a barbed wire fence
looking at me
with one blinded eye…
in his beak he held a ticket
from 1969…

An Aquarian Exposition:
3 Days of Peace & Music
in the sun…
well I’ll be damned, I said to him
trying to see in his unblinded eye
a ticket to Woodstock
from 1969…

state the obvious, the old crow muttered
I thought you were an enlightened lass
if you’re not up to this
the ticket you shall pass

I blinked at him a moment
my mind was racing like the wind
are you saying this ticket
will get me there And back again?

Only if you don’t lose it, the old crow said with a grin-
nothing to lose, are … you… in?
-I didn’t waste a heartbeat, I grinned and said ‘I’m In!’

**

I looked around at the faces
all gathered in the fire glow
‘and that’s how I got to be here
… and now you all know’

where’s the ticket now
one bedraggled youth asked
leaning in close to the fire-pit
I smiled at him and said
you know… I think I lost it……………………..

Sharonlee©
12-Feb-12

Woodstock was designed as a profit-making venture, aptly titled "Woodstock Ventures". It famously became a "free concert" only after it became obvious that the event was drawing hundreds of thousands more people than the organizers had prepared for. Tickets for the event cost $18 in advance and $24 at the gate for all three days. Around 186,000 tickets were sold before it was decided that due to massive numbers the concert would have to billed as free at the last moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment